Apply for our third Artist Residency
We are welcoming applications from artists and artist groups for our third Chase and Chalke Artist Residency.
You can find full details here:
Community Artists Brief – Summary
Artists working in visual arts/mixed media are invited to submit proposals in response to this brief as part the cultural heritage element of the Chase and Chalke Landscape Partnership Scheme (Chase and Chalke).
We are looking to work with a professional, experienced, socially engaged artist who can deliver personal, social and educational outcomes for participants. This is the second of three Artist Residencies.
Through each residency, artists will help raise awareness of the Chase and Chalke area and increase understanding of and engagement with significant aspects of it, i.e., the physical landscape, its biodiversity, its ancient history, and its culture.
This project seeks to engage groups and individuals who do not normally connect with the heritage on their doorstep. Participants will have the opportunity to respond to the rich heritage of the Chase and Chalke area and develop new perspectives.
- There will be three separate Artist in Residence projects (2022/2023) followed by a joint exhibition (2024) of the work created, accessible to new and diverse audiences.
- Each artist will have the opportunity to create their own new work in response to the theme of their residency.
- The budget for each residency is not to exceed £4,000 (excluding VAT) to cover the artist’s fee and travel, with a further £750 allocated for materials per residency.
- Artists may undertake more than one residency, but these must be in different media.
- An additional fee of £600 (including materials) has been allowed for the curation of an exhibition which will feature the work from all Artist in Residence projects.
Further details of Chase and Chalke, the 20 projects, and Cranborne Chase National Landscape can be found here: https://cranbornechase.org.uk/chaseandchalke/
N.B.: the deadline for receipt of tenders is Tuesday 28th February 2023, 5pm.
How To Apply
Full details on how to apply are available at the end of the Community Artist Brief.
If you have any questions about the brief, the application process or Chase & Chalke Artist Residencies, please email CharlotteMoreton@Cranbornechase.org.uk.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter for Project Updates
The Chase & Chalke team send out monthly updates on our projects and opportunities. This is a great way to ensure you’ll receive our latest news and opportunities.
Register to stay up to date with the scheme.